Anonymous said: how would you describe your aesthetic?
Anonymous said: are you doing a fic for the gryles exchange?
yes, yes i am. you know who ELSE should do fics for the exchange? ALL OF YOU. YOU ALL SHOULD.
Anonymous said: !! oh Nooooooooo ! fashion baby! only my favoritest fic ever, and now i have NO CHOICE but to reread it and swim around in a pool of emotion for the rest of the day. DONT DO THIS TO ME. (but really, do.) in all seriousness, fashion baby is truly one of the best nick/harry universes out there. along w apocalypse and kidfic and ghost!nick... and pretty much everything you've ever written ever. thanks for sharing your incredible talent w this fandom, we owe you!!! xoxo
(Big thanks to hugely talented thosecurlies for the fantastic art, she’s wonderful & I adore her beyond all measure.)
Sign-ups are now open!
Below the cut is detailed information about how to sign up, step by step. It’s not as complicated as it may seem. Hopefully these instructions are thorough, but if I’ve left anything unclear, feel absolutely free to send me a message here at grylesficexchange or restingonhislaurels. I am more than happy to help you out.
*All screen caps are simply to give examples and are not my actual preferences, nor should they be considered limitations. Any other information is welcome.
Your Fic Request
I think it makes sense to start with the description field and then go back to the top of the form, so that’s how I will go through it.
- Description: Please include 3-5 prompts. These can be very vague or more detailed. Or a combination of the two. Just give some options. (If there is one prompt you really, really want to be filled, you can absolutely note that, but please still give other options and don’t be disappointed if that one is not chosen.) Also include general information here about what you do and do not want. This can be specific kinks, top/bottom specification, certain content that triggers or upsets you, etc.
- Characters: Harry and Nick do not need to be tagged here. Any other characters who you’d really like to be included should be tagged.
- Relationships: Harry/Nick must be the main pairing in all of the fics. This does not need to be tagged as a relationship since it’s a given. There can, however, be side pairings, past relationships, threesomes, things like that. For those relationships, please tag them. (For example, if you want a fic in which Harry and Nick decide to have a threesome with Caroline, you would not tag “Nick Grimshaw/Harry Styles”, but you would tag “Nick Grimshaw/Caroline Flack/Harry Styles”.)
- Additional Tags: Use this section to tag the things relating to your prompts that you would like to see. Tag specific things for each prompt (ex. horseback riding) as well as your general requests (ex. angst). These are however, optional, and you do not have to add any of your own tags if you do not want to.
- Rating: Only fill this out if you specifically do not want sexual content or do want sexual content. If you do not want sexual content, check the box for general or teen and up. If you definitely do want sexual content, check the box for mature or explicit. But, if you don’t absolutely need the fic to be one of those, leave it blank. The person writing your prompt will still have all of the information in the description box.
- Archive Warnings: Again, this can be left as ‘choose not to use archive warnings’ if you don’t care. However, if you do happen to really want a story with any of the listed archive warnings, check the box(es) for that/those thing(s). If you definitely do not want any of the listed archive warnings, check the box for ‘no archive warnings apply’.
Your Fic Offer
Again, starting with the description box and then returning to the top.
- Description: Please thoroughly list anything you are uncomfortable writing for any reason. You don’t have to explain why you don’t want to write it. (In fact, I’d prefer you didn’t since I have to sort through these and match people up, so please write as clearly and plainly as possible!) Also include information here about what you generally prefer to write (ex. fluff/angst/smut or AU/canon). And finally, include some information about your areas of interest and knowledge (ex. sci-fi/fantasy or cooking).
- Characters: Again, you don’t need to tag Harry or Nick. Tag other characters you’d particularly like to write. Not tagging a character doesn’t mean your fic can’t include that person, but this helps match up requests to offers if someone is looking for a fic with a certain person as an important character.
- Relationships: Tag any side pairings, past relationships, or poly pairings you’d be willing to write.
- Additional Tags: Tag any subjects you’d like to write. These should be based on the information given in the description box.
- Rating: As with the request, leave blank if you’re okay with writing any of them. However, if you cannot or will not write sexual content, please check either the general or teen and up box. If you are only interested in writing a fic with sexual content, check the mature or explicit box.
- Archive Warnings: If you definitely do not want to write any of the archive warning subjects, check the ‘no archive warnings apply’ box. If you are okay with writing any of the subjects, you should check the boxes of any that you’re willing to write. If you don’t care either way, you can leave this blank, but if you leave it blank, you may be paired with a person who really wants, say, major character death or underage. If you’re not sure how okay with that you are, it’s best to be safe and just check the ‘no archive warnings apply’ box.
Hopefully these instructions are thorough, but if I’ve left anything unclear, feel absolutely free to send me a message here at grylesficexchange or restingonhislaurels or frombehindthesun. I am more than happy to help you out.
Happy writing all!
Anonymous said: not sure if you're still accepting prompts & this isn't even the kind you asked for, but if you're feeling inspired i know i would loooove to read a timestamp/deleted scene/etc for the fashion baby verse (that's what we're calling it now, right? anyway, your farmer-harry/fashion-writer-nick au that i and so many others adore so much!) i know it's not a new prompt, but it is an au and one of the best ones out there! maybe a scene back at the farm, like the visit they're packing for at the end? xx
OH NO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE I THOUGHT THAT FONT OF EMOTION WAS SHUT TIGHT OH NO
or, in which beleaguered urban fashion plate nick grimshaw and couture country sheperd harry styles go up to the farm for gemma’s 30th birthday. also, nick has something rather important in his pocket. from nowhere better than this place.
Anonymous said: I feel like you are the person to ask this because whilst you are and Adult With Life Experience, you are also cool hip and trendy, so yeah have you ever found that having tattoos has stopped you from getting employment? Or is that just something parents tell me so I won't get tattoos?
never! for sure this is dependent on a few things, including what kind of jobs you’re looking at, but i’ve never had problems. my friend used to say that having tattoos meant that she was directing her future self away from one kind of life and towards another, but it’s also true that general tolerance for tattoos is up and it’s quite easy to cover them up when necessary.